Wednesday 1 December 2010

First snow of the season

As many of you probably know, England is not really known for its cold and snowy weather. Damp, yes. Grey, yes. Snow, no. Having said that, last year saw our coldest winter in a number of years and this year we've received snow in November, certainly the earliest in my corner of the country, in my memory.

Here in Kent, the snow started on the night of the 29th, continued yesterday, and we had a big dump of it overnight. Certainly by my standards it is a lot of snow, although I understand that this might be piddly by comparison to what you get in North America, or Eastern Europe.

Pictured above left is snow on the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells, where I live. The Pantiles is the oldest part of town, dating back to early Georgian times and is the historic centrepiece of my town. Now that the cold weather has set in with a vengeance, I am looking forward to revisiting some of my bolder fragrances. I'm yearning for earthy accords, dark woods, tobacco, spicy amber, oud, patchouli, the coziness of vanilla - anything really that makes me want to either traipse around in a winter wonderland, padded with warm clothing, or sit beside a roaring fire in a country pub, quaffing a real ale, or sip a single malt whisky in the comfort of my warm home.

My recently ordered samples have now arrived and I'm looking forward to trying these, and blogging about them; if I have the time that is. After all, I might be too busy sledging, building snowmen with my children, or drinking beer at a country pub!

I hope you all have a great December and enjoy the lead-up to Christmas. Most of all, focus on spending quality time with your loved ones, whoever they might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails