Friday 17 December 2010

Weekend roundup and L'Occitane

L'Occitane seems to be one of those perfume and bath & body product shops that has been around forever. Yet I seldom take much notice of the shops or the products. I've tried some of their products and have always liked them, but for some reason have never taken the perfumes too seriously. I don't know why. I also noticed that there appear to be very few reviews of their products.

A L'Occitane shop opened in our shopping centre this week and so I decided to wander in and take a peek at what they've got. I saw the usual products that I've seen numerous times before, but I was pleasantly surprised to spot some new additions to the line. Well, they may not be new, but I haven't seen them before. I saw some interesting room fragrances and candles, including a lovely-smelling amber  and a winter-pine, which luckily did not smell like toilet cleaner. They also had some single-note perfumes, including Labdanum, Iris, Mimosa, Myrtle, Cedar, Jasmine and Neroli. I don't know if any of you have smelled these, but on paper I also loved the green tea and a lemon verbena, both in eau de toilette.

I also tried the relatively new Iris by Crabtree and Evelyn. It's quite simple, but actually smells really nice. Another perfume I haven't seen but has suddenly cropped up in Fenwick is Paloma Picasso. I don't think it is particularly high-end. In fact a search on the internet showed that you can find it for about $9, but it smelled alright on paper. 

I've also been trying some more in the Acqua Di Parma Blu Meditteraneo line, including a fig scent and a cypress one. Neither wowed me as much as the Bergamot I mentioned last week, but both were still very nice and I can see myself trying these on skin come spring and summer, whenever that might be!

Have a good weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails