Sunday 12 June 2011

Cartier Roadster Sport

I am not usually a fan of sports fragrances, and even less so of sports fragrances released almost as a flanker of an original. They are usually generic dross that do little to inspire.

When I received a sample of Cartier Roadster Sport last week from Mel, my friend at Hoopers Department Store, I felt a sinking feeling, certain that it was going to be crap. Well, lo and behold, it is rather good. I did enjoy the original Cartier Roadster, despite my slight aversion to mint in perfume. Actually, Cartier produce well thought out and crafted perfumes in general - I don't think I have ever smelled an outright dud. Roadster Sport is far less heavy on the mint. It does make a muted appearance in the heart, but this is after an extremely citrusy opening, which thankfully does not smell generic and cliched. There is a herbalness evident throughout development that ends in a mild patchouli and woods combo.

The notes from Basenotes include bergamot, mandarin,  orange blossom, sage, rosemary, black pepper, patchouli and gaiac wood.  I wouldn't say that Roadster Sport is staggeringly original, but for what it is, in a mind-numbingly dull stable of sports shite, it is actually very good and wearable and I would recommend it. It also goes to show that perhaps I should get over my sports cologne prejudice, at least in this case!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails