Sunday 19 June 2011

A visit to London and Absolue Pour Le Soir

This weekend we went to visit our good friends who live near Canary Wharf in London. I popped into Space NK to test Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour Le Soir. I first tried it in the very same place about 6 months ago and nothing has changed. I still love, love, love it. So smitten am I that I am seriously considering purchasing a full bottle. Am I crazy? I rarely get the impulse to blow £120 on a perfume, but my finger is just itching to type in my credit card number online and get on with it!

I also tried Apom Pour Homme and was surprised by how much I liked it too. It's very much an orange blossom perfume, with a bit of cedar and amber. Kurkdjian is no stranger to orange blossom, with his very good Fleur De Male. 

Later on, when we were all having a coffee together, I presented my wrist to Carmen and asked her what she thought of Absolue. She wrinkled her nose and solemnly declared that it smells like piss. I was taken aback. I mean, I know there is cumin in it, and, I suspect,  civet, but still... A few minutes later I asked her husband, Darren, to have a sniff. He didn't quite wrinkle his nose, but stated that it smelled "something like daisies"! Well, I ask you. And they say opposites attract. No wonder.

Whatever Darren and Carmen think, I still love Absolue. Have you tried it, and if so, what were your impressions?

4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried it, but it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Absolue! And I want a bottle (I'm still waiting for it to arrive here so I can buy it, I'll live with the price as I want it badly).
    But I can see why it would be a bit too much for a lot of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frida, it is well-worth seeking out a place that stocks it, just to try at least. Luckyscent stock it, but for some reason don't offer samples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ines, it appears you are as smitten as I am! By the way, First in Fragrance do stock it and it is on offer cheaper than any other e-site I have encountered so far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails