Sunday 4 September 2011

Back to school

Not for me though, thankfully! My older daughter, Hannah, starts school tomorrow, aged 4 years, 7 months and 10 days. I can hardly believe it, to be honest. It literally feels like just the other day that she was being born. I can still remember my first day at school, more than 31 years ago (Jeez,  I feel terrible just writing that), as if it was just the other day.

I had some happy days at school, but some fairly painful ones too. as I'm sure most young people do. I just hope that Hannah will have a lot more of the happier ones. We're excited for her and tomorrow will be a day of mixed emotions for her parents.

Hannah trying on her new school uniform

4 comments:

  1. Michael, what a lovely picture of your cute Hannah. Yes, we relive those memories when our children start school. My best wishes to Hannah and her parents - celebrate this right of passage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josephine, her first day went very well, with no tears and much excitement. I must say I am relieved and glad to see her so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Michael. Your daughter is lovely. I hope she'll enjoy her time in school.
    Is there a winter version of the uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Undina. Yes there is a winter version, which I shall be unveiling (courtesy of Hannah!) after half-term here, which is around Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails