Sunday 20 November 2011

Scent of Sunday - Acqui di Parma Colonia Assoluta

It's not particularly appropriate I think for a chilly, slightly foggy November day, but Colonia Assoluta does at least remind me of warmer days. 

Like many of the perfumes in the Acqua di Parma line, Assoluta to me is basically a citrus cologne, albeit a very well done one. Liberty lists the notes as bitter orange, bergamot, verbena, cardamom, pink peppercorns, paprika, jasmine, rose, cedar, amber and patchouli. To me it is nowhere near as complex as the notes might suggest, but I do like it. It has slightly less than average lasting power on my skin, but as it is a cologne, I wouldn't have expected much more.


Image credit - http://www.liberty.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. For some strange reason this brand doesn't appeal to me. I smelled several perfumes from the line and even have a couple of samples but every time I choose what to wear or test I skip AdP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undina, while I appreciate the quality of the line, I do find them a bit same-y, especially on the men's side.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails