Monday 25 June 2012

Parfum d'Empire Azemour

Yesterday I wore Parfum d'Empire's Azemour again. My initial impressions of it, back in February can be found here

I still think Azemour is a very decent perfume, but find that my skin seems to eat it up very quickly. The initial half an hour is wonderful, with the oily, fragrant orange oil full of zing and zest. However, after that it dies down to a very muted, lightly spiced skin scent, at least on me. I've recently read reviews commenting on the cumin facet of this perfume and while I do detect some spice, including a touch of cumin, it is by no means a cumin-fest on me. Having said that, I have a high tolerance for cumin and love cumin-heavy perfumes such as Declaration and Kingdom, so perhaps it is just me.

What I need is an Azemour Intense, me thinks...

6 comments:

  1. As you know, I certainly do get the cumin from Azemour but otherwise, my experience of this one is similar. What do you think of the Parfums d'Empire Iskandar? I'm curious about that one because someone said it was like Eau de Patou, on Basenotes I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I had to go back to August 2010 on this blog to find that I had tried Iskander. My mini-review states that it reminded me of De Nicolai's New York, but if I'm being honest, I can't remember much about it. I know I have a few samples from this line in a box somewhere, but don't think it included Iskander.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for checking. I can believe that Iskandar is like New York, and therefore like my old favorite Bois de Portugal- a staple when I was expecting my daughter, believe it or not. Creeds as anti-nausea aids! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bois de Portugal is possibly my favourite Creed, but I'm not a great fan of their millisime concentration, which most of their perfumes seem to be released in these days. My favourite Parfum d'Empire is Ambre Russe - always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased a 100ml FB of Azemour. I have to agree, it doesn't have quite the longevity that you would like, but it give me an excuse to spritz some more on when I get home from work. I don't get a cumin vibe from it all all though. As for the comments about Iskander, have a 50ml FB, but wish that I had purchased a 100ml. It is my summer scent for 2012! You need to give that a try again. Cheer, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, thanks for the comment. I think I must hunt down a sample of Iskander...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails