Tuesday 12 June 2012

A serendipitous gift

I should qualify the title of this post by stating that the 'gift' I received in the post was not serendipitous in the true sense of the word. Rather, I received a perfume parcel that I knew I could receive, but had forgotten about entirely.

It's hardly the most earth-shattering story, but about a month or so ago, I 'put my name down' on Basenotes to receive samples from a perfume house called Dueto Parfums. I promptly forgot all about it, so was surprised to find a small perfume parcel waiting on my doorstep when I arrived home on the weekend. It contained simply four samples in a small bag. No message, no background information. It took me about an hour to work out why I had received it. Only after Googling 'Dueto Parfums + giveaway' was I directed to Basenotes, which is when the penny dropped.

Anyway, I haven't tried any of the samples yet, but the line includes City Oud, City Love, Golden Boy and their latest, Lady Cool. They seem to be based in Paris, but state that the concept came about by 'four citizens, living in four mega cities teamed up talents to create a new perfume brand', to 'design hype and cool perfumes for trendy people around the world'. I'd prefer to ignore the marketing crapola and concentrate on the perfumes themselves - the proof of the pudding is in the eating - I am not cool or trendy, but I do like a good perfume.

So watch this space...

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of the line but it sounds fun. :)
    Looking forward to learning more about the perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it is, will post some more details when I've tried them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails