Tuesday 10 July 2012

Christian Dior Eau Noire

Wearing Eau Noire today reminded me of all that can be good about the Christian Dior line. I like a lot of Dior perfumes, including many of the mainstream ones, but one that sent me into a right old tailspin was Leather Oud, which is gorgeously sensuous and sexy. Eau Noire doesn't quite reach the giddy heights of Leather Oud, at least not for me, but nevertheless it is a lovely perfume. 

What can be said about Eau Noire that hasn't been written before? Probably not much, to be honest. What you get here is essentially an Immortelle-focused perfume, with vanilla and woods, lavender and a hint of leather perhaps. Immortelle tends to be a divider of opinion - some like its maple syrup and curry-ish accord, while others despise it. I certainly like it in Eau Noire, when it is evident, but not like a whack over the head. I found the same sort of thing in Chanel's Coromandel for example, where the patchouli was presented in such a way that you were left in no doubt as to the primary ingredient, but it didn't overwhelm. 

Eau Noire has decent lasting power and smells very good. I suspect it would perform better in cooler weather, when I could sense it being more of a comfort scent, but I will need to test it in a few months time and report back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails