Friday 27 July 2012

How to fix a bust spray nozzle

Some of you may recall that I reported a few months ago (it could be even further back than that) that my Diptyque Tam Dao spray nozzle had broken or jammed. I had tried various methods of fixing it following suggestions, to no avail. I had almost given up and was on the verge of breaking the bottle and decanting the perfume. However, this morning I was at John Lewis, a well known British department store, and for some reason when at the Diptyque counter, asked the person how I could fix the nozzle. 

To cut a short story even shorter, I followed his simple and brief advice and knock me down with a feather, it worked a treat! The advice - take off the sprayer and stick a pin into the hole. Apparently the blockage is often caused by air pressure that has built up in the spray line in the bottle and a pin removes this.

I feel really good in saying this - my bottle of Tam Dao is now back to its very best!

7 comments:

  1. ooh good tip (pun intended) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you'll need to make up for all the time you weren't wearing Tam Dao (great scent!) because of the not working nozzle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use a paperclip too that is unwound, heard you popped in but I was off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Undina, how true. I actually enjoy Tam Dao in the evening and at night. There is something very calming and zen-like about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MB, yes, I expect that would work. The guy who showed me used a staple. Hopefully I'll find you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this- it worked great for my bottle of Bond No 9 Nuits de Noho. I thought I was going to have to do something drastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails