Monday 17 September 2012

Sample therapy

I've been trying to sort out my catalogue (I'm being ambitious here) of samples for months, so what better day to do it than a rotten Monday? Actually, now that I have almost completed it, save for a few bags of stuff, I feel that it was therapeutic for me (I'm cleansed, I tell you). It was like a trip down memory lane. hauling out and sniffing samples that I haven't smelled, yet alone touched for years. 

In all seriousness though, I did feel very happy doing it and it made me realise just how many lovely perfumes I have been fortunate to smell over the years I've been collecting. Many of the samples brought back a very strong sense of memory of a place or a feeling. For example I could recall an event I wore it to, or on occasion to remember, or even where I bought it or which kind soul passed it on to me. I've had a lot of kind people share perfume with me, and I'd just like to thank all of you who have done just that. You know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. It is so worth it, isn't it? I'm so happy that I did it too recently.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails