Saturday 6 October 2012

On the subject of spam...

Folllowing Meg from Parfumieren's couple of very amusing (yet in a way sad) posts on spam comments on her blog, I thought I would reproduce verbatim a spam comment I received this week:

"whoаh this blοg is fantaѕtiс i loѵe reading your 
posts. Keeρ uρ the gоod work! You recognizе, lots of рeople are ѕеaгching round 
for thіs іnfоrmаtiοn,
you соuld aid them gгeаtly.
Also visit my webpage : brand name laptops" (link removed - but it was laptopsspecial)

Some of the spam posts I receive are actually quite clever, and rather devious in how they verge almost on the convincing, but this is is just pants - poor effort Mr or Mrs brand name laptops! Incidentally, if you are reading this post, dear spammer, please buzz off and annoy someone else in future. Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. "Pants-poor" = I LOVE that and will be using it in a sentence today, guaranteed.

    It's so inexplicable, why the spammers do as they do. Only occasionally does their reasoning make sense. For instance, when Ernest Borgnine passed away, I started receiving TONS of spam comments on my Tova Borgnine perfume post-- I suppose the spammers assumed they might capitalize on traffic from grieving movie fans?! (And yet they themselves never left ONE condolence for poor Tova B.! Alas...):P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I can't understand how any reasonably intelligent person could be duped by spam as obviously false as it is. I've got my eye on you now - waiting for the pants-poor phrase!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails