Sunday 11 November 2012

Anything but perfume Sunday

As it is a mellow Sunday evening here, I thought I'd share what I'm enjoying at the moment, other than perfume.

Film-wise, I bought a box set of four great Woody Allen movies, including Annie Hall Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, Hannah and Her Sisters and Manhattan. I've always been a great fan of Woody Allen but I know he is not everybody's cup of tea.

I've been reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. So far I'm on the fourth book, with another three to go, I think. I haven't seen the TV series, Game of Thrones, but it is very good, I am told. Science fiction meets medieval fantasy, but it is intriguing.

I haven't been listening to a lot of music, but rather watching a lot of music videos off You Tube. I also play the guitar, so have been spending time learning some of my favourite songs in some alternative tunings, such as open D and G. Joni Mitchell in particularly plays in a lot of different tunings, while Keith Richards favours open G.

I thought I'd share a link to a You Tube video of Bon Iver playing I Can't Make You Love Me. I was a fan of Justin Vernon a long time before he won a Grammy award earlier this year. I love the high range of his voice - I can imagine he would have made one hell of a choir boy...


I hope you are all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails