Friday 15 March 2013

SOTD - Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule

This is probably going to seem a bit churlish coming from me, but I still don't really 'get' Santal Majuscule. I mean, it smells fairly good, I suppose, but I still don't equate the experience with the mainly highly-praised reviews by fellow bloggers.

I especially still do not understand why the Lutens line needs this one when it already has Jeux de Peau, to my nose a very similar construction, but perhaps a bit more 'foody', particularly the opening.

Still, in fairness, Santal Majuscule hardly smells bad and I didn't not enjoy it; I merely wasn't blown away to a place that others seem to have been. Then again, that is the beauty of perfume, and to an extent, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or the nostril of a perfumista, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I tried this one, and was pleased, but not overwhelmed. I remembered back to when I first tried Feminite du Bois and was completely blown away, speechless for about an hour.... The last SL that really thrilled me was Bas de Soie, which a lot fo people actually hated. And I did go through an entire bottle of Rousse, which was discontinued...I seem to be out of sync with SL these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marla, I am generally a great fan of Serge Lutens, but haven't been blown away by the recent releases, for one reason or another. They've been decent, but just not enough to really pique my interest. At the same time, like with Amouage, I understand that need generally to put out something different. And that is why I don't really understand them releasing Jeux de Peau and Santal Majuscule within a year of each other. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails