Saturday 27 April 2013

Scent of the day - Andy Tauer Orange Star

Just a quick post today, to give some sort of indication that I am still alive in bloggers' world, albeit barely.

I'm still wearing and enjoying perfume on a daily basis, mostly, but just struggling to find time and a bit of motivation to write about it.

Today I wore Andy Tauer's Orange Star for the first time in ages. It's a timely reminder of what a good and original perfumer Andy is. Orange Star is quite a simple perfume in many ways, but it has that knack of making me feel happy and uplifted. It's a genuine mood enhancer, and God knows we all need some of that. It has stellar longevity too - it lasts all day and then some. Some serious fixatives in that base. 

As some other bloggers have pointed out, Andy's direction seems to be lighter and more floral these days, but I do love some of his older creations.

For an earlier post on Orange Star, read here.

4 comments:

  1. This is one of Andy's creations I haven't tried yet, though would love it.

    Hello Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it is well worth seeking out. It is very different to the earlier Tauers, but has a similar (ish) structure to his Eau D'epice.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately I am not familiar with any fragrances from the Tauer line. There are three "happy" fragrances for me SSS Jour Ensoleille, Atelier Orange Sanguine and 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brie, like I said to Carol, Tauer is a wonderful line to discover. His perfumes are easy to find now, but a few years ago he had a very good and reasonable sample programme, with generous sizes too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails