Wednesday 4 September 2013

Samples from DSH

Well, its September, and what better way to start the month than a parcel containing loads of samples from Indie perfumer Dawn Spencer Hurwitz.

Dawn was very generous and the package included a friendly handwritten note from her personally, which I appreciated. The samples she sent are: the New Kingdom series (there are four of them), Jitterbug for Men, Michelangelo, Prana, Kohl Gris, Matsu, Viridian, Dirty Rose, Oude Arabique, Ruba'iyat, Three Kings and Bodhi Sativa.

I have tried and enjoyed others in the DSH line, including Sandalo Inspiritu and Cuir et Champignon in particular, but these are all entirely new to me. Im going to have a go at writing down and posting my thoughts on them as I go along, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. I too received some samples from Dawn and will be interested to hear what you think of them?

    Know Prana, which I like and have been known to wear. It's good to sleep in. Also Viridian which reminds me of some Ralph Lauren? Polo? Black? Can't place it but maybe someone who's more familiar with masculines could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blacknall, I will certainly try post my thoughts as I work through them. I tried Viridian last week and I can see why you are getting that Polo association. There is something quite piney and eve leathery about it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails