Saturday 19 October 2013

What I am.....

Reading:

I have finally finished all the Game of Thrones books. Imagine my chagrin when I realised that after thousands of pages of reading, this was not even the end and actually, George Martin still has two remaining installments to write! Even worse, he usually takes about two years between releases, so at this rate I shall have to wait until at least 2014 for the next one, being optimistic.

Watching:

Games of Thrones. Yes, I've succumbed to the TV series, sad sucker that I am. Being HBO, it is a good production, but I still think the novels are better.

Harry Potter. I've finally managed to persuade my daughters to watch the first film. Unfortunately, it is also the least scary of all eight, and as they are only six and four, I shall need to progress very carefully!

Listening to:

Laura Marling's fourth Album, Once I Was An Eagle. Stunning music, well worth a listen to.

Bob Dylan Another Self Portrait (1969-1970). This is the latest in the Bootleg series and it is wonderful. Some amazing songs on here such as Little Sadie, Time Passes Slowly, a stripped down and incredible If Not For You, Copper Kettle and Tattle O'Day.

Eating:

Too much comfort food. A cool and rainy Autumn does this to me.


4 comments:

  1. Reading "Perfume Patter" while eating a humongo burrito drenched in hot, hot, hot sauce - comfort food, yum... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly... The burrito sounds a lot yummier than my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read the GoT books yet. I need to. I recently read a bunch of Stephen King novellas (two of which were made into movies that I have seen a zillion times) and at first I was hesitant, but I'm so glad I read them! I usually like to read a book BEFORE I see the movie, but after that experience, I'm not going to be hesitant to read a book afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol I usually prefer the book to the film. I find that I form very strong mental images of characters that often don't translate on screen.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails