Thursday 19 December 2013

Catchup

I haven't posted a lot of perfume-related thoughts of late, as some may have noticed. It is possibly a good point to stop (for me anyway) and reflect on what perfume I have been wearing and thinking about over the past few weeks.

I haven't acquired a lot of new perfume, whether it be bottles or samples. I have been working my way through the considerable number of samples I already have in possession and in some cases have thrown away stuff that I can easily find in any department store across the land; I don't see the point in keeping it just for the sake of it. I've also tried to finish off samples where I have just a few drops left, unless it is something exceptional that I want to hang on to.

Other than that, I have found myself repeatedly returning to the Atelier Cologne line, including the excellent recent releases, Silver and Gold. The former is an iris, the latter a leather. I've also spent a bit of time with the Tom Ford Private Blends. I was also pleasantly surprised by Iris Prima, the latest Penhaligon release. Not much from this line moves me, but Iris Prima is excellent, and also has quite decent longevity, an issue I've had with the more recent Penhaligon releases.

This week I took out my sample of Caron's Nuit de Noel, a favourite of mine at this time of year. It is quite feminine, but I think that I manage to (just) pull it off!

4 comments:

  1. Michael, it warms my heart to know that you are wearing Nuit de Noel - I can see it being wonderful on a man. And now, you've reminded me to wear it, too. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josephine, I'm glad that warms your heart. This is one of my favourite Carons. Same to you and yours. Hope it is a peaceful and blessed time..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Same to you Undina - hope you had a good one!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails